Mapple (My Accessibility Planner) is a map application that makes it easy to explore how you can reach important and interesting places for you by different travel modes. With Mapple you can easily create an interactive map that shows the travel times to a location of your interest and the amount of people it reaches e.g. in 30 minutes.
Mapple makes it easy to compare different travel modes to each other (public transport, private car, walking), and download the data of your analysis into your computer for further inspection. Mapple is an ideal tool e.g. for a citizen trying to find a good location for a new home that is close enough to his/her important places, or for a entrepreneur who tries to find a good location for a new store with enough potential customers living close by.
Missed the tour? Click here to take it!
1. Select location(s) from the map:
2. Select the direction of travel, travel mode and the time of the day using the buttons at the top.
3. Run the analysis and visualize your accessibility map by pressing GO!
1. See the travel time information for specific location by clicking with right mouse button.
2. See the amount of people reaching your target(s) within specific amount of time by pressing the Graph -button on the right.
3. Save the results of your accessibility map by pressing the Download results -button.
4. You can select new locations on top of the current ones.
5. Reset the map by pressing Reset -button.
1. You can zoom in and out on the map using your mouse scroll or using the touch pad.
2. You can move around the map by holding the left button of your mouse.
3. You can find information about a location by pressing right mouse.
Mapple can be used for many different purposes. Here you can find examples from the perspectives of a citizen, entrepreneur and planner:
Mapple can be used for finding out how much time does it take to reach important places of a citizen in his/her city. A citizen can also use the application to find out suitable places for a new place to live where the travel times to important places are close enough.
Mapple can be used for finding out easily how many people can reach within a specific amount of time a shop or service. It can be used to also explore potential areas or places for opening up a new business.
Mapple can also help for doing "better" planning decisions. It can be used e.g. to find out potential places where the service level is inadequate and where the new services should be allocated.
Mapple uses only open data. The travel time information is based on Helsinki Region Travel Time Matrix data (2013 & 2015) that is produced by the Accessibility Research Group at the University of Helsinki. Population data (2015) is based on Population grid produced Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority HSY. Service data is based on Helsinki metropolitan area Service Map REST-API
All datasets are licensed with Creative Commons 4.0 BY licenses.
You can contact us via email: haahaamap (at) gmail.com
You can read more technical information about the app from here.